Sunday, June 19, 2011

Arrival

I made it. I'm in my lovely room at CitizenM - a very cool hotel! I have a mood pad from which I can change the colouring of my room to match my mood. I also have a stuffed being to keep me company. I'd post a picture but my camera is in my luggage and my luggage is......where? Paris! Last time I was in Paris the same thing happened. It is on its way and should be here tonight. The flight was good with very nice seat mates but I hardly fit in between the two of them. Make note to self to lose lots of weight. We arrived in Paris just when my connecting flight was to take off. Going through passport check was painful and I'm sure it was a work slow down or someone trying to lose his job. Many people including me were trying to get to connecting flights and it did not matter. People were great to let people come to the front of the line but that only worked until everyone who was at the front were also desperate to get through. It was a miracle but as I ran to the gate expecting my flight to have left 20 minutes ago it was still waiting - yea! A great plane and trip. Now the train challenge. I took the train to the hotel which once I got a ticket I was fine. The ticket machine would not take a card without a pin number which my credit card does not have and debit did not work. I caught the train and got here. The system at the hotel is interesting in that you basically enter your information in the computer and magnetize your key card. I should be tired but I think I will go and do some wandering.

No comments:

Post a Comment